One of the main reasons I believe people fail in network marketing is that they don’t believe. They don’t believe in the industry and in many cases are embarrassed about being involved in network marketing. This lack of belief insures their eventual failure. So, how is your belief level?
Let’s take a little test:
1. When you are working your business, do you ever feel like you’re doing something that’s not quite above board?
2. Do you ever beat around the bush, when someone asks you about your business?
3. Have you ever felt uncomfortable contacting someone because of what they might think?
4. Have you ever hidden the fact that you are involved in network marketing?
5. Do you ever think that maybe you aren’t right for network marketing or that it isn’t right for you?
If you said yes to any of these questions, then you need to work on your belief level in order to become successful. Here are some statistics that should help improve your belief system:
– Network marketing is over 50 years old and is legal in the UK.
– The network marketing industry does about £100 billion in retail sales annually.
– There are approximately 40 million distributors worldwide (7 million in the U.S.).
– An estimated 50,000 people join network marketing companies weekly.
– Business Start-Ups Magazine (a division of Entrepreneur Magazine), rated Network Marketing as one of its 100 Best Businesses to Start.
– Amway, the largest of the multi-level/network marketing companies, was recently ranked as the #4 household and personal products companies. Only Proctor and Gamble, Colgate-Palmolive, and S.C. Johnson & Son were larger.
– In a recent comparison, by UPLINE, the UPLINE Index (network marketing companies that are publicly traded), outperformed both the Dow and S&P 500 by nearly 80%!
– In the September issue of Entrepreneur Magazine they wrote, “Literally thousands of people are realizing annual incomes in excess of £100,000.”
Now let’s look at some simple facts that support the importance of network marketing:
– There is no work security anymore. As Denis Waitley says, this is a free agent world. If you don’t look out for yourself, no one else will.o The Social Security System is in trouble and chances are most of us will never see a penny in benefits. If we do, it will be so small that we would be living only slightly above the poverty level.
– On average, Americans are saving only 4% of their income and Canadians only 1.9%.
– Credit card and consumer debt are at an all time high.
– People are refinancing their homes at a record pace, which means they won’t have the equity they need at retirement.
– Science and medicine is keeping us alive longer, but we are getting sicker as time goes on. Healthcare costs are at an all time high and will continue to rise as the boomers get older.
– Taxes are killing families, forcing spouses to both work and sometimes work part-time on the side, just to keep up.
– Parents are working longer hours and spending less time together and with their children, which is likely a big factor in the huge increase in divorces, teen pregnancies, teen alcholism/drug abuse, and runaways.
What does network marketing offer as a solution to these problems?
– A positive, supportive environment in which to work.
– Unlimited income potential.
– Part-time effort can generate a solid full-time income.
– Work from home, so no need to be away from the family.
– Great family business, where the kids can learn about business and money.
– Spouses can dream together and work towards those dreams.
– Excellent tax benefits.
– In a short period of time (2 to 5 years) people can secure their financial future with a long-term residual stream of income.
– Residual income can result in more free time to spend with family and enjoying life.
– Network marketing companies that offer health products, are providing a potential answer to the healthcare problems – healthier people means less stress on the healthcare system.
– Network marketers can help people get control of the financial life and reduce financial pressures.
– Great opportunity for personal growth – communications, business practices, negotiations, budgeting, public speaking, human relations, advertising, public relations, marketing, sales, etc. It’s one of the great personal growth courses in existence. The best part is that you earn while you learn and grow.
Ok, let’s think about this realistically. You only have so many ways to make money: